Monday, June 15, 2009

2k List, The Way of Altansar...

The Way of Altansar…

I try to play Altansar as an extremely in your face/assaulty army with units that complement each other very well. My goal is to control the movement phase with strong distraction units that enable my second wave to meet the first. Distract, force route, negotiate pin, and flank; a High Elf/Wood Elf hybrid philosophy.

I started with the Dark Reaper Aspect Warrior and tailored a list to support and use them in the most effective manner I could think of. This being said I humbly present my interpretation of this philosophy with the army list that I have been working on now for several months with ridiculous amounts of success. I hope the years of wisdom this blogroll holds will help mold my list to an even tighter and more successful army.

I usually run Eldrad Ulthran from Ulthwe due to the lack of an Altansar Farseer. The redeploy option optimizes my small unit list to an absurd degree and he adds that punch to the Howling Banshees. My story takes place at the beginning of the Eye of Terror when the Craftworlds where being engulfed by chaos. Altansar readies itself for the inevitable destruction:


2000 Pts - Eldar Roster - Altansar: Farseer/Avatar


HQ: Eldrad Ulthran (1#, 210 Pts)

HQ: Avatar (1#, 155 Pts)



Elite: Howling Banshees
5 Howling Banshees @ 283 Pts
1 Howling Banshee Exarch @ [43] Pts (Executioner)
1 Wave Serpent @ [160] Pts
Spirit Stone; Star Engines; Vectored Engines; TL Shuriken Catapult; TL Scatter Laser

Elite: Striking Scorpions

5 Striking Scorpions @ 138 Pts
1 Striking Scorpion Exarch @ [58] Pts
Shadowstrike; Stalker; Biting Blade (BB)

Troops: Wraithguard

10 Wraithguard @ 399 Pts
1 Spiritseer (Warlock) @ [49] Pts
Conceal; Spiritseer Upgrade; Rune Armour; Singing Spear

Troops: Dire Avengers
9 Dire Avengers @ 342 Pts
1 Dire Avenger Exarch @ [69] Pts
Bladestorm; Defend; Power Weapon; Shimmershield
1 Wave Serpent @ [165] Pts
Spirit Stone; Vectored Engines; TL Shuriken Catapult; TL Bright Lances

Troops: Pathfinders (Rangers)
5 Pathfinders (Rangers) @ 120 Pts

Heavy Support: Dark Reapers

4 Dark Reapers @ 197 Pts
1 Dark Reaper Exarch @ [57] Pts
Crack Shot (CS); Reaper Launcher (RL)

Heavy Support: Wraithlord

1 Wraithlord @ 155 Pts
Flamer (x2); Bright Lance (BL); Missile Launcher (ML)

Total Roster Cost: 1999

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    If you take 10 wraithguard they may by troops or elits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually just a typo, if I couldn't use them as troops I wouldn't take them at all.

    ReplyDelete